Monday 16 August 2021

Coming Home

 Author : Rosamunde Pilcher

Plot:

Finally I decided to give up on this book . It is a story of a young girl , Judith who struggles her through the war , her parents relocated to the Eastern countries as part of East India Company . she is first entrusted to her aunt and later upon her untimely demise , is adopted by a wealthy aristocratic family . At first charmed by the riches , the comfort , glamor and teenage infatuation , it is only the loss which the war brings , which will pave the way for Judith to understand the meaning of true love and loss . It is a good story , old fashioned pleasures described in great detail, but I failed to connect with the plot. The book is too slow to start with . It is not that I haven’t read slow books before , but I felt that this book did not have anything new to offer , either in terms of historic background or characters . We know that WW II is one of the biggest tragedies in the history of the world .I felt the focus should have been more on the loss and Judith’s heartbreak rather than describing the English riches, the countryside and all other minute details . People rave about this author and I had heard only positive reviews about this book, so I was a little disappointed by my own experience . I know I am the odd one out , and I respectfully bail out !

Rating:👍👍



No comments:

Post a Comment