Thursday 2 December 2021

How I TAUGHT my GRANDMOTHER to READ and other stories

 Author : Sudha Murthy

There is no greater thrill than exploring a friend’s bookshelf and finding a gem of a book to read.

Sudha Murthy’s How I TAUGHT My GRANDMOTHER to READ and other stories is a collection of short and sweet stories, based on real life incidents and interactions in the author’s life. She talks about sojourners she meets on the train, teachers she interacted with in the rural areas, and car mechanics who are aspiring students. She weaves the stories with words of wisdom and addresses poverty, feminism and lack of education in the rural areas in a very gentle manner. There are few whose lives are blessed with abundance. Sudha Murthy is blessed with prosperity and she firmly believes that when life gives you so much, one must share it with others. This is the first book of hers which I read and I really enjoyed it. This is one of the three short books (including an audible) last week which I read during the Thanksgiving holidays. Do read it when you get a chance.

Buy the book online at

Rating: 👍👍👍👍




No comments:

Post a Comment