Thursday 11 August 2022

Purple Hearts

 A very fine movie , true contemporary romance . Watched it late night yesterday .A struggling song writer and a troubled Marine get into a fake marriage to avail health insurance benefits . Typically in love stories , it is said that fate has different plans . Same holds good here , but this movie also goes on to prove that it is us who complicate things much more and make our own lives miserable. Especially in these times , where being strong , independent and hiding our vulnerabilities is the new trend . It is not the question of holding on to our beliefs , but it is the certainty with which we scorn at others . We have all got it , we know the mantra for success and yes we are successful, except we achieve everything by crumbling inside . This movie nailed it to the core .

“Pretending now that we don't care
The tension climbs across the air
I'm more than scared
I'm drowning in your eyes
I'm terrified
Letting my fears show 'til I can face 'em
Letting my tears go 'til I can taste them
How do I know where you and I go?
Damn it, I hope you come back home!”
Indeed a true emotional journey , a beautiful movie ! Watch it to soften up a little and yes ,there is beauty in being vulnerable.


My Rating: 👍👍👍👍


No comments:

Post a Comment